Proud winner of the:
2017 International Festivals & Events Association’s Pinnacle Award for the Best Volunteer Program!
The Scottsdale Arts Festival welcomes individuals and groups to volunteer. The festival requires about 350 volunteers over the three days to help within many areas. Volunteering is a great way to support Scottsdale Arts and the programs that benefit from our annual fundraiser. The Scottsdale Arts Festival would not be a success without our volunteers!
Do you already know you want to volunteer this year?
Become a Volunteer
Interested in volunteering? Your volunteer obligation would be a longer day (approximately from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). What’s in it for you? Aside from the sheer fun of being a part of the 50th Scottsdale Arts Festival—you get free lunch! You’ll also receive a t-shirt to wear around the campus and take home, along with a ticket to return on a day in which you are not volunteering.
Choose from a variety of positions :
- Admission Gate: Help sell tickets and admit patrons into the festival.
- Lemonade: Sell lemonade at various locations throughout the festival.
- Beverage Booth: Must be 18 years or older. Help bartenders with whatever they may need.
- Auction: Keep an eye on auction items while helping patrons participate in the auction.
- Family Area/Community Art Studio: Help with different crafts in the family arts area.
- Retail: Help sell retail at various retail booths throughout the festival grounds.
- Artist Hospitality: Help relieve the artists for lunches or breaks.
- Silent Disco: Help gather disco headphones and distribute headphones. Help wipe them headphones down upon return.
- Membership: Help answer inquiries about membership at the admission gates. This information will be given to you.
- Ask Me Volunteers: Set up around the festival grounds and help answer questions from patrons. Such as directions, location of bathrooms, etc.
- Relief Squad: Fill in positions that need volunteer’s day of the festival. Must be flexible. Help give other volunteers breaks, water, snacks, etc.
Volunteers have said…
“You all were well organized; it was a fun day!”SAF Volunteer
“We were perfectly set up and I had the chance to meet some very fine young people who helped me with the magnet project. Many had never been to the Civic Center! Families were delighted with all the things to do and see. Volunteers are treated so well, thank you for everything!”SAF Volunteer
“My support was good about checking back to make sure everything was OK and to see if I needed a break. I thought the festival went smoothly and I enjoyed the variety of artists.”SAF Volunteer
“Very well done as usual.”SAF Volunteer
Join us for this amazing event and help support the arts in our community.
Feel free to contact Mariana Bortoluzzi, Guest Services Coordinator, for more information at MarianaB@ScottsdaleArts.org or 480.874.4673.
Thank you in advance for your amazing support and we can’t wait to see your smiling faces at the festival!
Volunteer Fall 2020
If you are under 16 years of age please print this parental authorization form out and bring the completed form with you to either training or your shift.